Restore The Fourth is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, dedicated to restoring the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and ending unconstitutional mass government surveillance. We welcome people of all peaceful political beliefs.
In the wake of the Snowden revelations of June 2013, and initially on Reddit, groups began meeting across the United States, under the banner of “Restore The Fourth”. Under our first National Chair (Anna Wilmesher, summer 2013), we coordinated protests for July 4 and for Orwell Day. Under our second National Chair (Ben Doernberg, fall 2013), we helped organize the nationwide Stopwatching.us protests, culminating in a rally of thousands in Washington DC. Under Alex Marthews (2014-), we have created an active appellate amicus brief practice, created a scoreboard grading Congressmembers on their votes on surveillance, and helped to support successful local campaigns for surveillance oversight ordinances.
Annual elections, open to all active Restore The Fourth chapters, occur in early May. Any member in good standing of Restore The Fourth may stand for election as an officer. To become a member, please donate here.
Our elected board currently consists of:
- Alex Marthews (National Chair) [Boston]
- Taylor Campbell (Interim Treasurer) [Boston]
- Lorina Potter (Interim Secretary) [Utah]
- Jonathan Capra (Communications) [Albany NY]
- Chuck Fry (Technology) [SF Bay Area]
- Heidi Lucken (Interim At Large) [Michigan]
- Zaki Manian (At Large) [SF Bay Area]
- Kendra Moyer (Interim At Large) [Michigan]
- Ed Quiggle, Jr. (At Large) [Susquehanna Valley PA]
Contact them by clicking on their names above. Or contact our Litigation Working Group.